The cleaning of Eureka Tower facade is a huge task. It is a potentially dangerous process for cleaners to work on the outside of the building.
Other factors such as high wind, rain and hot weather will hamper progress, but we hope that a full clean will be completed three times a year.
Melbourne’s notoriously unpredictable weather guarantees that our cleaners will have to assess access to the facade on a day to day basis. The result is that the cleaning maintenance regime will be an almost all year process.
Please note, your internal window surfaces are coated with a protective film. Please follow these procedures carefully.
- Apply mild soap, mild detergent to glass either by spraying or using a clean, grit-free cloth or sponge saturated with cleaning solution. Complete coverage of area to be cleaned is a necessity. For ease in cleaning, an area not exceeding 1 – 1.5m² is recommended.
- Use large volumes of water, adding a mild biodegradable detergent, in order to remove all abrasives which could have accumulated on the glass.
- Sponges, chamois, leather rags, cloths and cleaning pads must be rinsed regularly to remove all foreign particles, which could scratch the glass surface.
- For laminated glass no solvents, or alcohol are to be used.
- Products like steel wool, even if this is fine, and pumice stone must be avoided at all costs.
- No hard or sharp objects like scraping knives, razor blades, etc. should be used.
- Cerium oxide can be used by skilled experts only to rectify very slight scratches on the glass surface which have not undergone any surface treatment like reflecting layers, obscuring, etc.
- Wipe the above cleaning solutions on the glass in a circular motion, applying light to moderate pressure. Approximately three to five passes of the affected area may be required to remove the residue. Fewer or more passes may be required, depending on the adhesion and severity of the residue.
- Rinse the glass surface immediately with generous amounts of clean water, removing the cleaning solution from the glass surface.
- Using a squeegee or clean, lint-free dry cloth, remove water from the glass surface.
- If glass residue is still evident, repeat steps 1,2,3,4.
- The inside surface of regularly cleaned glass can be wiped with products specially prepared for this purpose, provided they do not contain abrasives and aggressive chemical solvents.
Click here to download the window cleaning complaint form